Stay at this all-suites, beachfront Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina hotel providing full-service amenities and convenient access to key area attractions. Located on the rustic Eastern coast of North Carolina, the BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites offers beautiful beachfront views, superior customer service and comfortable accommodations at an affordable price. This all-suites Kill Devil Hills hotel features well-appointed suites equipped with cable satellite television and free high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to a complimentary continental breakfast each morning before taking advantage of other hotel amenities including a seasonal outdoor heated swimming pool and spa, steam room, exercise facility and limited business services.
Hotel guests can spend a relaxing day along the Atlantic Ocean fishing, kayaking or just laying at the beach. This Outer Banks hotel also provides convenient access to several local golf courses and hang gliding at Jockey's Ridge State Park. Just one mile from the hotel, guests can explore the Wright Brothers National Park and Memorial or take a short drive to visit the Fort Raleigh Historic Site and the Lost Colony. Hotel guests will also enjoy a day of sightseeing at local lighthouses including Cape Hatteras and Currituck Beach. The BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites is also a short 20 mile drive from the North Carolina Aquarium and the beautiful Elizabethan Gardens.
The friendly, helpful staff at the BEST WESTERN Ocean Reef Suites is ready to ensure a fun-filled memorable stay in Kill Devil Hills, North Carolina. Make a reservation today and save! Enjoy your stay,
- Though occupied for several centuries, Kill Devil Hills became an official town in 1953 when it received its municipal charter
- Kill Devil Hills is just 5.5 square miles in area, .04 of which is water
- The town has an average elevation of just 7' feet above sea level
- Kill Devil Hills is one of the most populated Outer Banks towns with more than 6,700 year-round residents. In the summer months, this population swells to 40,000 or more.
- Kill Devil Hills borders the Atlantic to the east and the Albemarle Sound to the west
- The town is also bordered to the west by Colington, a "town within a town" which has primarily year-round residential homes.
- Nags Head is located south of Kill Devil Hills, and Kitty Hawk is located to the north. The borders between these three towns are almost invisible, as the towns blend into each other with no pause between businesses or residential communities.
- The majority of chain stores and businesses are found along the 4-lane Beach Bypass, or US Highway 158, which runs through the length of the town.
- The Beach Road, or NC Highway 12, is the other main route through Kill Devil Hills. It's found along the oceanfront and is also known as Virginia Dare Trail.
- Kill Devil Hills is most famous as being the "Birthplace of Flight," as the tall soundside dunes are where the Wright Brothers first launched their 1903 glider.
- While other beach towns "close up shop" for the winter months, Kill Devil Hill's businesses generally stay open year-round to cater to tourists and locals alike.